At Fun Nature Books, we are totally committed to protecting the privacy, security and wishes of you, our customer. We will only use your data to help us to provide the best experience for you and we will protect your data as if it is our own. We will always respect your choices on what we do with your data and how we contact you and we will only keep it as long as necessary.
Who are we?
Fun Nature Books (referred to in this policy as “Fun Nature Books”, “we”, “our”, “us”) is registered in Sark Channel Islands at Fun Nature Books, POB 2011, Sark, Channel Islands, GY10 1SD.
What information do we collect?
We may collect the following information from you when you communicate with us or fill in forms on our website such as when you make a purchase or when you register for information: –
- Your name and contact information including email, billing and postal address and your telephone number.
- Your billing and marketing preferences in order to tailor our communications to you.
- Details of your contact and purchase
- Transaction information
How do we use your data?
- Delivery. In order to fulfil our promised delivery and contract to you, we will need to supply your delivery address, phone number and email address to our chosen courier for your delivery. They will only use it for the purposes of delivering your goods.
- Marketing via Email. At every interaction point you will have the choice to opt out of marketing messages if you wish to do so. This will be actioned immediately upon your request.
- Payment Details. We do not store your payment details and we use PayPal’s payment system to provide a fully secure payment portal. For further information on our secure payment system please see our Secure Payment Policy
When we use third party service providers, we only disclose the personal information that is absolutely necessary to deliver the service to you and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own purposes. However, we may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk
- In the event of our business being sold.
What we will never do with your data
- We will never sell it to any third party
- We will never leave it unprotected
- We will never ignore your wishes.
Where is your information stored?
Your information will always be held within the parameters of the European Economic Area excepting. Those occasions where a delivery address is needed to be given for the purposes of delivery to an address out with the EEA.
How long is your information kept?
We do need to maintain your information for a certain period of time to provide customer support, purchase history, manage warranties and prevent fraud and analytics.
We will maintain these records for the following timescales:-
- Cookie and browsing behaviour – 30 days
- Email sign ups where no purchase has been made – 2 Years
- Purchases – we will maintain order information for 7 years since last purchase.
What rights do you have?
You have the right to the correction of any of your records.
You have the right to access your records at any time.
You have the right to have your records anonymised at any time.
You have the right to request that we provide your details to you or any other service provider.
You have the right to complain to your countries data protection regulator.
You have the right to restrict the profiling of your data.
If you wish us to help you with any of the above rights, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
More details on your rights
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you and to ask us to confirm how we use your information. If the information we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up to date, you may request that we correct this information.
Please put your request to access your information in writing to our Owner at the address given below. It is helpful if you could explain what particular records you are seeking, but you do not have to say. You will need to provide two forms of identification being a current passport (the page with your personal details), driving licence, birth certificate, utility bill from the last three months, current vehicle registration document, bank statement from the last 3 months or a rent book from the last 3 months. We don’t store this identification, but it is needed solely to verify the requestors identity.
In certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records or transferred to another organisation. Where certain conditions apply, you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information. You also have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing, automated processing or profiling.
If you would like further information about your rights or wish to exercise them, please write to our Owner. If we are unable to fulfil your request for any reason, we will provide you with a reason as to why we cannot.
If you are not happy with the way we have handled your data and are unable to resolve the issue with us personally then you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/), the UK’s independent authority for privacy matters.
Ongoing changes to data protection
The online digital world is rapidly changing and always evolving. In order to maintain a competitive, customer focussed business, we may from time to time make amends to this page. If we make significant changes then we promise to notify you so that you can review and amend your consent as required.
For data specific queries, please email our office at email@example.com
For all other enquiries:
Call us: 01481832672
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Write to us: Fun Nature Books, POB 2011, Sark, Channel Islands, GY10 1SD